Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Adding a PSU to a turntable

On 16/04/2019 13:45, wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks for the replys. I will try and get more info.

Someone spoke of it probably being regulated in the turntable.

There is no evidence of this.

The wires carrying 12.1 volts come in, go to a tiny PCB with no components on either side, and then goes off to
Power the motor (small round can with 9V written on it)
and also the arm twidly mechanism.

I do have an 8V PSU kicking about, maybe I should check what that appears to be putting out, and if its around the 9V mark, see what the turntable does with that.

Otherwise, I might go back to driving it with the big box.

Is the motor AC or DC?

It's quite possibly AC, so the turntable speed is synchronised to the mains.

Andy