Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Spare Change Spare Change is offline

Default What do you guys use for chassis wiring on old tube gear?

On Apr 16, 2019, Michael Terrell wrote
(in ):

Hookup wire is typically 20 AWG, and is often solid wire. I posted a link to
a kit of six, 225' rolls for $16. that 19 strand wire is probably THHN with a
nylon overjacket, like I used for commercial fire alarms. It is not suitable
for point to point wiring on a chassis, unless you are not capable of doing
anything right.

Look at MTW or TEW. Its not THHN. THHN has fewer strands and has the clear
jacket over the poly insulation that makes it a BEAR to use in tight spaces.
THe clear jacket is to provide extra protection when pulling through conduit
and those wonderful pull €œels€.