Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Bloody brisket ......

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 15 April 2019 19:18:59 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 15 April 2019 15:08:59 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Terry Casey wrote:
In article , steve@walker-
family.me.uk says...

Here the increase is East Europeans, not Asians, although a few
miles
away it is indeed Asians. My point is that immigration as a whole
is
too
high and we need to cut it down. So far governments have failed to
do
that and even if they did at the moment, there would be a gaping
hole
in
that we have no restrictions on the numbers coming from the EU.

Without looking it up, I think that half or slighly more of
the immigrants over the past few years have been from outside
the EU, so we could (and should have done already) slash the
figures by 50% without leaving the EU.

So why didn't we?

Quite. But this country has relied too long on a stream
of immigrants to do jobs the English don't want to do.

Perhaps with doctors and nurses it;s because the hours are too long
and we in the UK do work longer hours than a lot of EU wrokers.

More likely the cost of training as a doctor or nurse.

So why does it cost so much,

Because it costs a lot more to have trainee doctors
and nurses learning how to do their job than to have
a lecture theatre stuffed with kids with someone down
the front raving on about the Peloponnesian War.
That only costs his wage and a bit more for the
electricity for the lights in the lecture theatre etc.

if india and pakistan can afford it, and we get
quite a few from the philapines and they can afford
to train nurses up and export them to the UK.

They arent actually stupid enough to make them
do a full uni degree to get qualified to shove ****ty
bedpans in the machine that washes them.

How can a poor country afford to train such useful people.

By paying their trainers much less than the trainers in the UK, stupid.

Not sure that those who wash the bedpans etc work long hours
and presumably they have a machine that washes those.

Someone has to load the machines.

Yes, but they arent actually stupid enough to make them
get a full uni degree before they are allowed to do that.

We got rid of the other practical skills and technical collges

Thats bull****.