Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Strong insulating (electrical) sheet material.

On 16/04/2019 15:05, GB wrote:
On 16/04/2019 15:00, Robin wrote:

no-name plastic chopping board (and no need to travel further than
your nearest discount shop)?

Can you buy Kevlar sheet?

Of course. eBay is your friend.

One of the nice things about tufnol is that you can drill and tap it,
which is useful in some applications like this. It's used in industrial
switchgear, IIRC. So it might let you make a more compact structure than
using nuts and bolts to attach the "electrical" bits. Obviously, only
quite small bolts in 5 mm thickness.

But for "I need it today" I reckon the chopping board is the answer.
Either the thermoplastic sort, or the older rigid melamine laminates. In
fact they probably come close to tufnol in mechanical properties.