Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LiIon charger ct (correction: NiCad)

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 16:35:09 +1000, Lucifer
wrote:

On Sat, 06 Apr 2019 15:29:38 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Sat, 6 Apr 2019 13:40:38 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

was about to say... I don't do much electrical work any more, but an
ectric drill battery that is lithium ?
I've never heard that.

Most every cordless electric drill made in the last 3 years uses
lithium ion batteries. I have a modest collection of DeWalt cordless
tools that run on LiIon batteries. I don't own one (yet), but you can
get just about any power tool with LiIon battery power.

You say you have a modest collection of DeWalt cordless
tools that run on LiIon batteries, but you don't own one (yet).

Sorry. My sloppy editing. When I originally wrote that paragraph, I
included mention of a DeWalt 60v LiIon powered electric chain saw that
I was interested purchasing. It's powerful and very quiet. However,
when I deleted the mention of the electric chainsaw, I neglected to
also delete my comment that I don't currently own one.

I do have two fairly new DeWalt DCD710 12v LiIon cordless drills. I
use them quite often. These use brush type motors, which are not as
good as brushless motors. I burned out one motor ($25 replacement
cost). The brushes are sealed inside the motor and are not
replaceable. If I had to do it again, I probably would have bought
the larger DCD777 20v model instead, which uses a brushless motor.
https://www.dewalt.com/products/power-tools/shop-by-cordless-platform/20v

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558