Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Tire pressure

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 08:10:50 +0300, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 14 Apr 2019 23:04:59 -0700, T
wrote:

On 4/14/19 10:32 PM, micky wrote:
I don't remember if my car at home has tire-pressure monitoring but the
rental car does and of course the rental company gave me no information
about how to use it.

It seems to me that when the light goes on, and I add some air to one or
two tires that accept the air, even if I don't add enough, or maybe I
add too much, then I hold the button in until the light goes off, and
even if I have low pressure in a couple tires, even if the tires are
uneven, the light will go off and will stay off because I said that that
was okay. Is that right?

It seems very unreliable, especially since I didn't bring a tire
pressure gauge, and though you can set the pumps here to the desired
pressure, they don't seem to make any noise when filling or done
filling.

Call the 800 number on your rental your contract.

The rental contract doesn't say anything about tires. They rent more
than one make and model of car, so if they are all similar, I'm asking
here. If they are all different, I doubt customer service will know
about my specific car. It's a Mazda 2.

I'm not in the US and there is no 800 number, but there is customer
service. Still I doubt they'll know about something as small as the
tire pressure, .

The tire pressure in Kpa will be listed on the sticker on the driver's
side door post.
Also, I'm interested in how these things work in general, not just this
particular car

Or stop by a tie center and ask them

I've been here for weeks and haven't noticed any tire centers. There are
auto repair shops, but a good chance the mechanic won't speak English,
or if he does, not well enough to explain details of tire pressure.
He'll just say "Push the button.".

The Mazda TPMS system is very basic (and somewhat brain-dead) in it's
function. However, getting information on uit's operation is SIMPLE
Google mazda 2 tpms. You will find something like this:

https://www.holidaymazda.com/blog/ho...da-tpms-light/

What should you inflate my Mazda tires to?

Every vehicle and even every Mazda is different, but luckily there is
an easy place you can go to reference what your tire pressure levels
should be. Open up your driver’s door and somewhere on the sill should
be a sticker that gives you a lot of information including what your
front and back tire pressures should be.

Remember, your TPMS light doesn’t tell you which tires are low, and
it’s possible that more than one is low. Check all four tires and
inflate them to the proper levels. If you over inflate, you can always
let a little air out usually with the backside of your tire pressure
gauge.

Turn the TPMS light off in your Mazda

Turning the light off is simple. All you have to do is hold in the
TPMS button typically located to the left of your steering wheel.
After holding it in for a few seconds, your car will let you know that
it’s reset with a beep, and then you can release.

Now you may be tempted to just turn the light off as soon as it comes
on, but do not do this. When you press the button, it resets the
sensors. So if one or more of your tires is underinflated when you
press the button, it will use the new reading as a baseline.

This means you could run your tire pressures dangerously low without
even getting a notification. For your own safety, and for the fuel
efficiency of your car and longevity of your tires, always check your
tire pressure and inflate them properly before resetting your TPMS
light.

Also. google Mazda 2 tire inflation pressure and you will find
https://www.carsguide.com.au/mazda/2/tyre-pressure
which shows you the sill sticker and also states "This tyre placard
recommends a minimum tyre pressure of 33psi for the 2016 Mazda2 Genki
hatch. This is equal to 230kPa and 2.3 bar."

The average 10 year old could figure this out!!!!!