Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Strong insulating (electrical) sheet material.

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
I need to find a substitute for aluminium plate which doesn't conduct
electricity. Thin ply would probably be strong enough, but would
prefer something a bit easier to work, and the fixing holes would be
rather close to the edge for ply.

Something like a few layers of the glass fibre used for decent PCBs
would be good - or sheet of that about 5mm thick.

Size needed about 3x2" so small. Load less than a kilo, but supported
at one end only, so a fair twisting moment on it.

Anything I could pop along to a shed and buy?

At 5mm thickness and that sort of size cadging an offcut of Perspex from
your local shop sign makers would be one possibility.

Not sure we have one of those anymore. Plenty of sheds close.

--
*A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.