Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Strong insulating (electrical) sheet material.

On Tuesday, 16 April 2019 14:14:12 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
I need to find a substitute for aluminium plate which doesn't conduct
electricity. Thin ply would probably be strong enough, but would prefer
something a bit easier to work, and the fixing holes would be rather close
to the edge for ply.

Something like a few layers of the glass fibre used for decent PCBs would
be good - or sheet of that about 5mm thick.

Size needed about 3x2" so small. Load less than a kilo, but supported at
one end only, so a fair twisting moment on it.

Anything I could pop along to a shed and buy?

Acrylic, PVC, hardwood, ply, glass, layers of card plus a thin smear of epoxy between each (very strong), FR4 PCB, random plastic from bin, etc.

NT