Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

Default Masonary drill bits

On Monday, April 15, 2019 at 3:19:23 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:
A K posted for all of us...

On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 1:34:25 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/12/2019 2:22 PM, A K wrote:
I have used 2 different brand of masonary bits.

I can not even drill one hole before it becomes dull.

I used both a regular drill and a hammer drill.

Geez.

Andy

Are you using a good carbide tipped bit or a cheap steel? At work we
used carbide bits to drill into concrete to anchor machines and did
dozens of holes with the same bit.

A good rotary hammer drill with SDS bits should last for many holes. If
you bought the bits at the dollar store you got what you paid for.

Will this work in a regular hammer drill?

The shank is an unusual design.

"https://www.homedepot.com/p/Drill-America-1-4-in-x-4-in-Carbide-Tipped-SDS-Plus-Masonry-Hammer-Drill-Bit-SDS144/304744764"

No, look up SDS and SDS plus and prepare to spend money.

To answer your original question you may be pushing too hard and not
clearing the dust out? What are you drilling, block, concrete, stones?
Look at some U tube vids and get some tips. I do not know the quality of the
bits you posted.

--
Tekkie

The bit worked great along with water.