Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] tubeguy@myshop.com is offline

Default Analog - Digital TV question

On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 20:48:37 -0500, amdx wrote:

On 4/15/2019 7:19 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 15:44:55 -0700 (PDT), Michael Terrell
wrote:

the thing is useless.

It still works well as an audio amp for computer sound, using the AUX
input. Sounds a lot better than those so called (crap) "amplified
computer speakers".

Not all amplified computer speakers are crap, I have a set made by
Altec Lansing that consists of a sub woofer and two satellite speakers,
that does a fine job.

Mikek

Altec Lansing is some of the tops in electronics. I have one of their
commercial power amps.

But I imagine you paid dearly for those speakers.

I have some very nice bookshelf speakers that I use with this tv
receiver box. Before that, I had a small radio receiver I used for an
amp, but that goofy thing would turn itself on and off. Being built with
ICs, I just tossed it. Working on IC stuff is not my cup of tea.

Its easier to just watch for receivers at rummage sales and Goodwill.

My "real" stereo is 1200 watts, but for using my bedroom computer, all I
need is 10 watts. Not to mention that I download videos. The sound on
them is so varied that I'd blow my ears out on the big stereo.