Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Tire pressure

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 15 Apr 2019 16:44:21 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 4/15/2019 2:36 PM, micky wrote:

No, does not seem right. Mine goes on if a tire is low.

I'm sure at least one tire was low, and that the same tire was low the
second time.

Only way to
get it off is to add air to the tire.

But you also have to push a button on the dash, right?

No, just add air and the light will go off once above minimum pressure.
No resets, no buttons.

That would be nice.

I guess I have the cheap model.

But that's why it would be in their interest to explain what I'm
supposed to do. Another reason I'm not going to bother to ask them is
that I don't mind driving on a tire that is slightly low. The car still
handles the same. They are the ones suffering a little extra tire wear,
and I'm not going to chase them to find out how to fill the tires.

Actually, I reserved a the cheapest AT model they had, but they didnt'
have it when I landed, so they gave me the Mazda2, one or 1.5 levels
better, and said they'd call me in about a week to trade it in for the
really cheap one. They didn't so I wrote them and reminded them that I
was ready to go back to cheaper. I hope they remember that when I
return the car.

This car is supposed to carry 5 people. (The really cheap one carried
four, or course.) That means there is a head restraint in the middle of
the back seat, and at least once it kept me from seeing what was going
on in the car behind me. Plus I presume the car is a bit wider than the
really cheap car, and there are narrow streets clogged with cars and it
might be better to thave a narrower car.

Maybe by now all the cars have bluetooth** but that wasn't true last
year. The rental companies here keep cars for several years.

**I've gotten more calls while driving in the last 6 weeks, 5 or 6, than
in a whole year or two at home.