Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk[_2_] Leon Fisk[_2_] is offline

Default 1939/40 Harley trans questions

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 19:50:08 -0500
Terry Coombs wrote:

snip
I know nothing of the sort ... a little history is in order . My
father got this bike in 1952 and it had a broken countershaft in the
trans . As far as I know he never even fired it up much less rode it .
It sat around in Grandad's chicken coop (half was storage) until 1965 ,
when Dad pulled the trans and had a countershaft made - somebody in the
machine shops at Hill AFB musta owed him a favor or six . But alas , he
never put the bike back together . And so when he passed in 1998 I put
all the pieces in a trailer and hauled it home to Memphis from Utah .
I've been collecting parts since I got it , very little left to buy now
, just gotta put it all together . And it looks like in the fairly near
future I'll have room to work on it . If I had a bucket list , getting
this machine back on the road would be at the top .

Oh man, great back story and good luck getting this machine up and
running again.

You'll have to make a small video of it tooling down the
road, preferably in the near future ;-)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI