Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Horizontal cable balusters

On 4/15/2019 4:00 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

I have seen pictures of cable rail balusters that seem to be spaced quite
far apart. I thought horizontal balusters were forbidden because kids could
climb on them. Then I saw this this pix with the cables and I thought I
could fit my leg through so a kid could certainly get through and fall. This
house was built on a CA mountainside. What am I missing? Sorry I do not have
a link to the pix.

Could have been changed after inspection.

My deck rail was not to code either. It was like that for 35 years, but
when I put the house on the market I brought it to code. I did not want
it to be a sale issue nor did I want liability if the new owner had a kid.