Bob

Default wax free toilet seal - experiences?

AAB wrote:
Found a alternative to wax seals at home depot that seems to be
designed to meet my needs -- looking to see if anyone has had good/bad
experiences with this.

From the manufacturers web site:
http://www.fernco.com/fts.html

This appears to meet my needs because I am raising the floor 5/8" and
this states "seals on raised floors, wood, tile, linoleum, and carpet"
and "no need for flange risers or stacked wax rings".

Thanks in advance!
Alan

I've been using one for several years with no problems or seepage. In the
past I had to screw around with stacked rings, and still couldn't get a good
seal, requiring a couple of trips to the hardware store. (I probably was
doing something wrong with the stacked rings, or purchased the wrong one.)

I did ask a plumber who was doing some work in an office building for his
thoughts on them. He felt the old wax rings worked fine, why switch when an
existing technology has a good track record.

I'm sure you will get a variety of responses on this.

Bob.