Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Old cooker switch neon light is on

In article ,
LizzyArt m wrote:
The ring on my job was on when I turned the switch for the cooker on.
There was a large spark and it it tripped the switch. A ring on the job
was blown and I replaced it. When I turned the fuse back on the neon
light on the cooker switch is on all the time. Do I need to replace
that switch now or is there something more that needs to be investigated
by a electrician?

If a proper cooker switch properly installed, it will be on its own radial
circuit. Not a ring. So yes, get a competent electrician in.

--
*He who laughs last has just realised the joke.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.