Posted to alt.home.repair
Max[_13_] Max[_13_] is offline

Default Tire pressure

On 4/15/19 1:32 AM, micky wrote:
I don't remember if my car at home has tire-pressure monitoring but the
rental car does and of course the rental company gave me no information
about how to use it.

It seems to me that when the light goes on, and I add some air to one or
two tires that accept the air, even if I don't add enough, or maybe I
add too much, then I hold the button in until the light goes off, and
even if I have low pressure in a couple tires, even if the tires are
uneven, the light will go off and will stay off because I said that that
was okay. Is that right?

It seems very unreliable, especially since I didn't bring a tire
pressure gauge, and though you can set the pumps here to the desired
pressure, they don't seem to make any noise when filling or done
filling.

I'm told that you'll get better gas mileage if you air the tires up to 200 psi or so but never had a rental car to test that hypothesis on.