Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Halving water bills with large butts?

On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 12:18:44 -0700, cpvh wrote:

Hi All,

I have heard it suggested that if you get four monster water holders and
divert rainwater into them (and do nothing else), then your water co
will let you off your sewerage charges.

A quick google only showed one off rebates for filling ponds / swimming
pools.

Does anyone have details of such a scheme (I think we are with Southern
Water or its descendants).

I think the only way you are let off sewerage charges if if you don't
have a sewer connection!

HOWEVER...if your water is metered, then you will not only save some
money on the water you don't need because of using rainwater, BUT you
will usually find that the sewerage charge is reduced, because it's based
on a percentage of the water that comes in through your meter (round
here, SE Water, it's 92.5%).