Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Police detectors to warn mobile phone-using drivers (UK)

On 4/13/19 3:36 PM, rbowman wrote:

[snip]

I've got a Tracfone flip with the same deal. Every year when I have to
buy another year i go into Verizon and as what their rock bottom
cheapest plan is. Last year it was $50 / month. No thanks. Nothing
against Verizon. My internet is over a Verizon MiFi with a 15 GB data
plan for $70. I just don't need a smart phone. When I travel, the Mifi
goes with me.

There's Ting, which charges $6/month (plus fees of course) to keep it
active. That's good for occasionally-used phones. Ting uses the Sprint
network (IIRC handle AT&T phones also).

I use very little data when not at home. I have a Karma 4G LTE device,
which costs nothing except for data. I bought 20GB about 3 years ago
(when data doesn't expire). According to what I've used, that's about 20
years worth. So, it's nearly free.

Also, my phone is with Verizon. They're about to require 4G phones, and
one can be used as a hotspot.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always
declares that it is his duty." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)