Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hairline crack

On 14/04/2019 12:18, charles wrote:
In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:

A bit of silicone sealer is good for small cracks if you need it to
flex.

Unless you want to paint it, in which case use acrylic.

Quite. And I'd guess most ceilings are going to be painted.

I have - when younger, papered ceilings. It hides the cracks.

In the next few days I shall be papering the hall ceiling. The stairs
and the landing are fine and the paper can be matched. It is just that
we had a leak which damaged the hall ceiling; followed by my eldest son
ignoring my intructions to use the toilet in the small bathroom and
clambering over the blockade I'd put in the big bathroom, then putting
his foot through the ceiling where I had the boards up

I've just finished replacing half the hall ceiling and am waiting for
the joint filler to dry. I'd actually taken extra down to take the
opportunity to route ethernet and satellite cables through there and to
improve the run of the shower waste.

SteveW