Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hairline crack

On Sunday, 14 April 2019 12:11:47 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 14 April 2019 11:27:49 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,

Don't leave it proud at all would be more sensible Plasterboard
is prone to move a bit, reappearance later is fairly likely. You
won't prevent that.

This is the problem, hence needing a flexible filler. That also grips
well to the board.

Flexible filler won't solve it, the percentage of movement in a hairline
crack is too large. Filling it at painting time is trivial.

All I can say is it worked here. Whereas pollyfilla etc didn't.

With many cracks I've found their reappearance or not is unpredictable. I've not noticed the filler type make any difference, but I don't fill cracks day in day out.

Rarely I've used silicone, it works but can shrink on setting, and can't be filled a 2nd time or painted. Since it leaves a film either side of the crack that can also peel it's hardly ideal.

NT