Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hairline crack

In article ,
wrote:
On Saturday, 13 April 2019 11:46:24 UTC+1, Brian Reay wrote:
On 13/04/2019 11:32, Tim Watts wrote:
On 13/04/2019 09:35, DerbyBorn wrote:

What is the easiest way to seal with a hairline crack in the
overskim of a plasterbaord covered wall.

Do I need to rake it out or can I apply something that will
penetrate and fill it (Creeping Crack Cure?)

I paint over with PVA a couple of times to bond the crack, then, if
it's beyond what paint will fill, a smear of fine filler.

I've found mixing 'polyfilla' (the powder stuff) with a mix of water
and some PVA, I guess the mix, works well- provided it isn't too wet
when applied. It is hard to sand down, so don't leave too proud.

Don't leave it proud at all would be more sensible Plasterboard is
prone to move a bit, reappearance later is fairly likely. You won't
prevent that.

This is the problem, hence needing a flexible filler. That also grips well
to the board.

--
*The first rule of holes: If you are in one, stop digging!

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.