Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Police detectors to warn mobile phone-using drivers (UK)

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 15:37:34 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 16:21:57 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/13/2019 3:23 PM, wrote:

The law is not silly in every condition.

The problem is the law has no "conditions".
In some states they could write you a ticket for using a phone,
sitting at a light. None talk about traffic conditions or will try to
decide what your conversation was about.
If the word comes down, "we aren't writing enough phone tickets", cops
will write tickets.

NV has a pending bill that if you are in an accident, the Po Po could
look into your phone to see if you were talking, texting, etc.. Not
sure of the status of it right now.

In CT, a couple of times they set up a spotter sitting up high and the
police would stop the car down the block.

I'd call entrapment on that. The Po Po writing the ticket is swearing
to the observed violation -- it was seen with their own eyes and not
from some radio call that Officer Pecker told him about. Mr Pecker
should be the one signing the citation.

All they need to do is have officer Pecker show up in court. That was
how they ran Radar in Maryland when I lived there. Officer Pecker was
sitting on a bridge with a gun and as soon as you came over the hill
they were stopping everyone. Officer pecker would tell them which ones
to keep and which ones to let go. It was usually everyone in that pack
of cars because he would swear he caught you all.
When you got to court Officer Pecker swore he saw you doing 66 in a
55, If you argued the judge would say there may be some wiggle room in
66 but he was sure you were going over 55 and he convicted you of 56
in a 55. Bang goes the gavel ... ($20 one point)