Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] is offline

Default Tascam DR-05 ticking noises revisited

wrote:

Adrian Tuddenham wrote:
The problem seems to be coming from the editing software (Peak L.E.)
which converts the Tascam's .wav files to .aiff before editing them.

You might try using either sox or Audacity to convert the files, and
then load them into Peak L.E.

sox is "Sound Exchange". I know it as a command-line program on Linux,
but as long as you have some flavor of OS X, you should be able to run
it there.

This is OS 8.6 only. I'm going to try SoundApp 2.6.1 and see if I can
work out how to do conversions with it.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk