Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Police detectors to warn mobile phone-using drivers (UK)

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 16:21:57 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/13/2019 3:23 PM, wrote:

The law is not silly in every condition.

The problem is the law has no "conditions".
In some states they could write you a ticket for using a phone,
sitting at a light. None talk about traffic conditions or will try to
decide what your conversation was about.
If the word comes down, "we aren't writing enough phone tickets", cops
will write tickets.

NV has a pending bill that if you are in an accident, the Po Po could
look into your phone to see if you were talking, texting, etc.. Not
sure of the status of it right now.

In CT, a couple of times they set up a spotter sitting up high and the
police would stop the car down the block.

I'd call entrapment on that. The Po Po writing the ticket is swearing
to the observed violation -- it was seen with their own eyes and not
from some radio call that Officer Pecker told him about. Mr Pecker
should be the one signing the citation.