Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Shipping Options For Fireplace Mantle

On Saturday, April 13, 2019 at 4:48:54 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 4/13/2019 8:09 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
My son wants me to build him a fireplace mantle. The two-pillar, top-shelf
style. Basically, three long 3-sided boxes which he would assembly and
trim out.

The thing is, he lives 2500 miles from me, so I'm going to have to ship it.
Other than getting quotes from the standard shippers (UPS, FedEx, etc.) I'm
look for other ideas.

I look to the collective wisdom of this group for creative options.

Visit son, build it there, problem solved. ;~)

I would love to, but timing won't allow for that. I will be seeing him
next month, but it will be in Reno where his brother lives, not Las Vegas,
where he lives. My Reno son's GF is graduating with her PhD next month, so
the whole family(s) are going to Reno for the week. Should be quite a party!

After that SWMBO and I are heading to CA to see her family and then to Oregon
for some just-us time. A mantle build in Las Vegas is out of the question
for this year.