Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hairline crack

In article ,
Jim K.. wrote:
DerbyBorn Wrote in message:
What is the easiest way to seal with a hairline crack in the overskim of a
plasterbaord covered wall.

Do I need to rake it out or can I apply something that will penetrate and
fill it (Creeping Crack Cure?)

Rake it out if you like, to allow filler to get down to the
bottom of the crack & adhere to each side & the base.

Filler "daubed on" with a finger tends to just rest on the
surface, doesn't adhere to the sides & falls out in short
order.

Ultimately what caused it to crack will crack it again unless
addressed.

I've got an old ceiling with cracks between the plasterboard. Was
originally lath and plaster, and could be the joist deflection is greater
than a modern plaster skim allows. Filled them last time with a decent
decorator's caulk, which is flexible. But also shrinks as it dries, so
took several goes to get it level. That has been successful.

--
*I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.