Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hairline crack

On Saturday, 13 April 2019 11:46:24 UTC+1, Brian Reay wrote:
On 13/04/2019 11:32, Tim Watts wrote:
On 13/04/2019 09:35, DerbyBorn wrote:

What is the easiest way to seal with a hairline crack in the overskim
of a
plasterbaord covered wall.

Do I need to rake it out or can I apply something that will penetrate and
fill it (Creeping Crack Cure?)

I paint over with PVA a couple of times to bond the crack, then, if it's
beyond what paint will fill, a smear of fine filler.

I've found mixing 'polyfilla' (the powder stuff) with a mix of water and
some PVA, I guess the mix, works well- provided it isn't too wet when
applied. It is hard to sand down, so don't leave too proud.

Don't leave it proud at all would be more sensible
Plasterboard is prone to move a bit, reappearance later is fairly likely. You won't prevent that.

NT