Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Wooden fence repair issue

On 13/04/2019 11:21, Brian Gaff wrote:
Well you mean you want to keep the old boards?
I think in your position if they all needed replacing I'd go the whole hog
and buy finished panels.
Brian

Brian, he's already bought the battens to fix them with. So, he's after
a solution that uses the battens, regardless of whether that's a good
idea, or not.

To the OP: Lidl do a drywall screw fixing gun that automatically drives
screws. Only £30, IIRC, but you'll have to wait until they stock it.
That's a lot, lot cheaper than a nailer with comparable fixing power.

The screws will probably rust after a while, but that just adds to their
fixing power, and a bit of rust adds to the patina of the fence. Drywall
screws are treated, but I think that won't last in 'weather'.