Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Hairline crack

On 13/04/2019 11:32, Tim Watts wrote:
On 13/04/2019 09:35, DerbyBorn wrote:
What is the easiest way to seal with a hairline crack in the overskim
of a
plasterbaord covered wall.

Do I need to rake it out or can I apply something that will penetrate and
fill it (Creeping Crack Cure?)

I paint over with PVA a couple of times to bond the crack, then, if it's
beyond what paint will fill, a smear of fine filler.

I've found mixing 'polyfilla' (the powder stuff) with a mix of water and
some PVA, I guess the mix, works well- provided it isn't too wet when
applied. It is hard to sand down, so don't leave too proud.