Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Spare tyres and maximum speed limits

On 13/04/2019 09:43, Tim Streater wrote:

Perhaps because when changing a wheel, you're only changing one of a
pair instead of both? Don't they recommend swapping only pairs from
back to front (rather than, say, just rotating all four by one position
clockwise)?

Depends on the car and tyre.

Many are directional now so you have to keep left on left and right on
right.

My car is particularly fussy - it allows no more than 3.5mm tread depth
difference from to back and recommends changing axels as a pair.

Use of spare (which will invariably be different tread depth) is to be
minimised.

Expensive if you get an unrepairable puncture. I had a puncture the
other week - luckily that was repairable.

Now I will only take our old car with less constraints to the dump!

--
Email does not work