Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Building detached garage?

wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 04:32:36 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 9:33:41 AM UTC-4, Davej wrote:
This video makes it look easy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xG7xFIGecQ

...but realistically what would go wrong?

My husband and I built a garage in 2006. We hired the concrete and
roofing. A buddy came over and helped raise the roof trusses.

It was a lot of work, but nothing was very complicated.

A lot could go wrong, but my husband's a mechanical genius, so
nothing did.

I designed and built my entire quite fancy quite large passive solar
house.
I did it with concrete blocks,

Not ICF?

Nar, very high quality quartz aggregate individual 16x8x8" concrete blocks.
Very hard and very strong, but a bugger to lift up to head height when
laying
them at the end of a very long day and a real ******* to drill before SDS
showed up.