Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tip permit!

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 16:06:06 +0100, R D S wrote:

Apparently since Feb you've to apply to the council for a permit, with
which I will be able to dispose of 10 x 25k bags per year.
A 25k bag of plasterboard? I've to break it into ####ing bits?

Cumbria County Council:

Permit required if you are disposing of general houshold waste and
drive any sized van, a pickup or use a twin axle trailer less than 3m
in length. Single use, last a month, free.

Permit required if you are disposing of recycables and drive any
sized van, a pickup or use a twin axle trailer less than 3m in
length. Multiple use, last a year, free.

No limits on quantity of waste, other than that imposed by only
allowing a single general waste trip per month in a van/pickup/2 axle
trailer.

No permits, no limits, no charges if you turn up in a car.

Northumberland County Council:

Each household has a maximum of 12, single use, vehicle permits per
year (vehicles loosely as above), free.

There is a limit of 6 cubic yards of "DIY waste", per household per
year some of which is chargeable. £2/per bag (bag being the size that
25 kg of sand comes in). There is also charging based on vehicle (inc
cars) and how full they are for "DIY waste".

Both are of course only supposed to be used by residents of the
appropiate county. Stuff that, we live in Cumbria (just) but go to
Hexham (Northumberland) far more than anywhere else in Cumbria, guess
which HWRC we use...

--
Cheers
Dave.