Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default replacing the PCB in a gas boiler (ATAG E32C)

In article ,
Brian Reay wrote:
That aside, the boilers are intended to be repaired by simply swapping
parts. If thing get more complicated, the 'average' service type is
often stumped and needs to call in someone else. Therefore, I doubt
boards need more than swapping.

True. I had a hose split on my Viessmann which soaked the gas valve. Which
then blew a fuse on the PCB. And the fuse was one of those round PCB
types, soldered in. Not many plumbers would carry bits to sort that. And a
new PCB costs hundreds. The fuse, about 20p.

--
*We waste time, so you don't have to *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.