Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default replacing the PCB in a gas boiler (ATAG E32C)

On 10/04/2019 19:59, ARW wrote:
On 10/04/2019 08:40, wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 April 2019 21:38:26 UTC+1, Vir CampestrisÂ* wrote:
On 09/04/2019 21:33,
wrote:

The numerical display on my ATAG E32C combi boiler is failing; half
the segments don't work any more.Â*Â* This display is on the PCB so
I'm guessing the whole PCB has to be replaced. It's about 10 years old.

I can buy a repalcement board for about £200.

Am I right in thinking that replacing the board would not be simply
a case swapping them over, but that the new board will need to be
set up before the boiler can be used?

It's very hard to find anyone near Cambridge to work on an ATAG
boiler.Â* So hard, in fact, that I am considering replacing the
boiler and gettign something more standard.

Geoff at CET Ltd is a good source of bits. (Or used to be - I no longer
have gas)

https://www.cetltd.com/

Andy

Thanks for the suggestion, but his (very) long list of PCBs does not
include any for ATAG. Oh why was I persaded to fit such an unusual
make.Â* It's a great boiler, but that's no use if nobody is available
to service it!

It does not mean that he cannot recon your PCB. Call the firm and ask.

He's a helpful bloke most of the time. Although when I moved his aerial
for him a few weeks ago his unhelpful comment was "don't fall off the
roof because it will cost a fortune to re-glaze the conservatory"

He has your interests at heart. A large claim like that would push your
insurance premiums up next year.