Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Car jumper cable wire size

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
k.net...
In article ,
says...

So, all this is for ICE cars. If you have one of those electric cars
and you are out of juice, at the side of the road, what do they do?
You can't just jump start it, you have to put enough charge it it
to get it somewhere to plug in. So, what do they do? Like if you
have such a car and call AAA what do they do? I expect it's tow you
to someplace to plug in.

You pull out the portable wind generator and solar cell and wait for the
sun to come out or the wind to blow. Just one of the green solutions of
AOC.

Those electric cars may be ok for those that never get out of the city
and only go 10 or 20 miles at a time. Now if they ever get them where
you can recharge them at many places like all the gas service stations
and pumps and in the time it takes to gas up an ICE car they may have
something for me.

Wouldn't work for me, I normally do the long distance trips in the
middle of the night because the event I am going to often starts
at 7am etc and it isnt normally on one of the major national
highways so I have to be careful to start full of petrol because
there arent always any 24/7 gas service stations on the way.
Tho fully automatic pumps are now more common.

The battery better last 10 years or more also.

Yeah, I hardly ever turn my cars over at even that rate.
The Golf lasted for 45 years and I only gave up on that
because I had been stupid enough to not fix the known
windscreen leek that would produce a wet floor after
a decent amount of rain until it eventually rusted thru
the floor and could no longer be registered and I couldn't
be arsed to cut out the rust and weld a new bit in.;

I am considering getting a new car now to replace the
Hyundai Getz which is now 13 years old and has only
even had the one fault just lately, windscreen washer
bottle. Basically to get a decent cruise control for those
long trips. The Getz has no cruise control at all and
I would prefer to have one that keeps a distance from
the car in front of you and that isnt feasible with an
addon cruise control. I would also like one that runs
the car at an amount over the speed limit that I
specify and for that to follow the lower speed limits
in the towns along the way completely automatically.
Cant actually find one that will do that last tho even
tho some of the satnav apps will show you the
speed limit from the database I cant find any car
that uses that for the speed for the cruise control.

The Honda Civic does all but that and the cruise
control even keeps working in full traffic jams
where the cars are inching alone with pauses
of tens of minutes at a time, but doesn't use
the database speed limit for the cruise control.