Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davidm Davidm is offline

Default replacing the PCB in a gas boiler (ATAG E32C)

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 13:33:33 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

The numerical display on my ATAG E32C combi boiler is failing; half the segments don't work any more. This display is on the PCB so I'm guessing the whole PCB has to be replaced. It's about 10 years old.

I can buy a repalcement board for about £200.

Am I right in thinking that replacing the board would not be simply a case swapping them over, but that the new board will need to be set up before the boiler can be used?

It's very hard to find anyone near Cambridge to work on an ATAG boiler. So hard, in fact, that I am considering replacing the boiler and gettign something more standard.

Thanks for any guidance.

Robert

I would have thought that any setting up needed, if any at all, would
be something like coding plugs or links rather than any electronic
coding or potentiometers, so just check against the existing board and
copy that.