Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default How do you "tune up" a hard-to-start Craftsman 18" chainsaw

On Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 9:04:12 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I just got a new craftsman chainsaw today and its a bitch to start. I was thinking it had some hidden safety switch that was open but eventually I started it. It sounds like you dont know much about small engines judging by your comments so get a friend who has some knowledge on these things. The carb has two adjustment screws, Im guessing for high and low speed running, tell whoever works on it to start there. Good luck with it"

Yeah, and then tell the friend that you can't fiddle with those carb screws
without having the proper keyed tool which isn't so easy to get. And those
screws are probably behind plastic caps that once removed, will make it
obvious that you screwed with it, so they may not take it back. It's an
old thread, but if i got a "new" chainsaw and it's hard to start, I would
take it back.