Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] rmlaws54@gmail.com is offline

Default replacing the PCB in a gas boiler (ATAG E32C)

On Tuesday, 9 April 2019 21:46:10 UTC+1, Brian Reay wrote:
wrote:

The numerical display on my ATAG E32C combi boiler is failing; half the
segments don't work any more. This display is on the PCB so I'm
guessing the whole PCB has to be replaced. It's about 10 years old.

I can buy a repalcement board for about £200.

Am I right in thinking that replacing the board would not be simply a
case swapping them over, but that the new board will need to be set up
before the boiler can be used?

It's very hard to find anyone near Cambridge to work on an ATAG boiler.
So hard, in fact, that I am considering replacing the boiler and gettign
something more standard.

Thanks for any guidance.

Robert

Im not sure the boards need €˜setting up. I replaced a boiler PCB some
years back and it was just a simple swap. A friend in the trade sourced one
for me. I then looked over the duff one, found the fault, and replaced the
components. I kept it as a spare for years.

That's interesting. Was this on ATAG or a different make?

Robert