Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Wire colour dilemma.

I just wired a fan controller, the only fitting on the circuit. To the
switch from the CU is a red and black T & E cable. From the controller
run neutral and two switched lives via a new bit of 3 core and earth,
coloured grey, black and brown. I used the black as neutral and put a
bit of blue sleeving on it. I connected it to the black supply neutral
wire and didn't put any sleeving on it, because it was already the old
neutral colour. This looks odd - did I do wrong? Is there a rule?

--

Roger Hayter