Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Laser Levels (again)

On 07/04/2019 12:33, Java Jive wrote:
On 06/04/2019 23:05, Java Jive wrote:
I can't seem to find a reasonably-priced laser device, say £50 or
under, that will do both ...
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Measure distances
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Throw out a cross beam
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* (horizontal & vertical, preferably self-levelling)
... and has good reviews in Amazon, B&Q, Screwfix, ToolStation, etc.

Is there such a beast?

I've seen, for example ...

Oops ...

Level:

Measu

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*https://www.amazon.co.uk/Distance-BE...f=sr_1_17_sspa

... but not both functions in one box.

Thanks for all the replies, I suspect I'll concentrate on the x-beam for
now, but it has been driving me mad trying measure up for the new hot
water tank and bath.Â* You'd've thought at 6'4"/1.93m that my arms would
be long enough, but what actually happens is that I hook the tape under
something, walk to the other end of the distance, and, usually just as
I'm leaning over to read off the distance, the other end pops out, the
tape winds up, on one occasion when I was too slow to react even cutting
my thumb sufficiently for it to bleed, and I curse and have to begin again.

You need a better tape with more stand out.
then it will be self supporting over that sort of distance and have a
proper lock so it doesn't retract suddenly.
This one has a 3m stand out..

https://www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-f...-measure/9999k