Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Laser Levels (again)

On 07/04/2019 09:15, Martin Brown wrote:
On 07/04/2019 08:56, ARW wrote:
On 07/04/2019 04:29, Bill Wright wrote:
On 06/04/2019 23:05, Java Jive wrote:
I can't seem to find a reasonably-priced laser device, say £50 or
under, that will do both ...
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Measure distances
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Throw out a cross beam
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* (horizontal & vertical, preferably self-levelling)
... and has good reviews in Amazon, B&Q, Screwfix, ToolStation, etc.

Is there such a beast?

I've seen, for example ...

Level:
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*https://www.amazon.co.uk/Distance-BE...f=sr_1_17_sspa

... but not both functions in one box.

I ended up paying £250. I needed better accuracy than the cheap ones
have.

My level was about £100. I am OK with the accuracy but it's sometimes
difficult to see the laser in a well lit room.

The peril sensitive red sunglasses help a lot (assuming it is a red
one). Green laser light is a bit easier to see.

A relaxed attitude to danger.

--
Adam