Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default 'Like a Ferrari, you don't need it' - New Zealanders set to turnin guns

On 4/5/2019 4:10 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Frank "frank writes:
On 4/4/2019 10:02 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Terry Coombs writes:

I believe that hunting weapons should be legal (bolt-action rifles,
limited-magazine shotguns). I'm less convinced about handguns, but could
support revolver possession. Not assault rifles, weapons that can easily
be converted into automatic weapons (e.g. bump stocks or modified semi-auto
handguns) or actual real automatic weapons.

The purpose of the 2nd Amendment was not just to allow us to just shoot
and hunt or protect our person. It was aimed at helping to keep an
oppressive government at bay.

You can't back that assertion up with any citations to, you know, actual
writings from the founders or other historical research, can you?

Look at the huge thread here with Jefferson's comment about criminal and
government.

A thread on this newsgroup is hardly citable. In fact the whole thread was
predicated on a falsehood (TJ never said that).

Not quite that way:

https://www.monticello.org/site/rese...ious-quotation