Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default How should I make this curve?

On Tuesday, April 2, 2019 at 10:36:09 AM UTC-4, Greg Guarino wrote:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguar...n/photostream/

It will be 34.5" long, with a 32" radius according to Sketchup. I imagine some of you might do it with a band saw and a spindle sander, but that's not an option for me.

I have done pattern routing in the past, with success. But I wonder if with this large a curve it might be easier to whip up a jig with a pivot point 34" from the router bit. I would of course roughly cut out the shape with a sabre saw before routing in either case.

Advice?

How about a long trammel?

Sorry for the lousy image, but the top part of the page might give you
an idea...

https://i.imgur.com/MWhWROV.jpg