Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default 'Like a Ferrari, you don't need it' - New Zealanders set to turnin guns

On 04/05/2019 04:49 AM, wrote:
On Friday, April 5, 2019 at 12:59:19 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:

My main point is; why would joe public need an auto firing gun?

Joe Public does not have a fully auto gun. The permit for that is
extremely expensive.

Criminals are criminals and they don't care about permits.

Joe Public has a semi-auto gun. It fires once every time you pull
the trigger.

Every mass murder I can think of was perpetrated with semi-auto guns.
Even that guy in Las Vegas who used a bump stock to increase his
rate of fire.

I argued fairly seriously at the time that the body count would have
been higher had he employed aimed fire. He may not have been
psychologically able to do so. A number of studies have suggested even
in a combat zone many do not aim at a specific target. A lot of rounds
went downrange in Vietnam bt nobody was counting langur and rice field
rat casualties. I take that back; Westmoreland did during his progress
reports.