Posted to alt.home.repair
Shadow Shadow is offline

Default 'Like a Ferrari, you don't need it' - New Zealanders set to turn in guns

On Fri, 5 Apr 2019 05:59:15 +0100, Bod wrote:

My main point is; why would joe public need an auto firing gun?

They don't. A pump action is fast enough for any legitimate
use, and can't be made "auto".
And a bolt action is sufficient for hunting.
A twelve bore shotgun loaded with buckshot will deter any
"home invaders", unless they have a death wish.

But it's a talking point for the guys that think their
pea-shooters will do anything against a rogue government.
"birth right" (until it's not - vis the American Orientals put in
concentration camps), "I'll shoot the tanks", "blow the nerve gas away
with my muzzle blast".

Sorry about the examples, I'm not a good mental mass debater.
[]'s.
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012