Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] bruce2bowser@gmail.com is offline

Default It's that time again.

On Friday, March 29, 2019 at 10:07:28 AM UTC-4, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
What kind of shoelaces should I use?

My shoes still have their original shoelaces, boots really. Now after
I've worn them for a few years the laces are worn out and I need new ones.

I would like to find the exact laces but they are no longer made. The
originals were made of catgut and of course getting catgut laces would
be tough now. I could try and find NOS catgut laces, but I don't really
have good internet access unless I go to Caribou, and the coffee is
sooooo expensive there. And apparently sattelite internet doesn't work
in my sky. So I get my access over telegraph lines, via Morse Code, and
it's really slow. I thought you guys might be able to tell me where to
find NOS catgut laces.
I don't want the cheap Chinese catgut. I want good old 'Merican catgut.

How should you spell American, anyway? 'Murican? 'Murkin? 'Markin?