Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 'Like a Ferrari, you don't need it' - New Zealanders set to turn in guns

On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 18:08:01 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 4/4/2019 5:54 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 17:11:28 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 4/4/2019 4:54 PM, Shadow wrote:
On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 14:22:52 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

Â* Bod is one of those "useful idiots" that can't tell the difference .
He hears the word "auto" and automatically thinks every time you pull
the trigger the magazine gets emptied .
That IS the definition of "auto". The gun fires non-stop until
you take your finger off the trigger.
When a new cartridge is re-chambered but not fired it's called
a semi-auto.
Criminals can easily convert semi-autos to auto. It's illegal,
but they ARE criminals. They often couple that with large capacity
magazines so the magazine is NOT emptied on a brief trigger-pull.
HTH
[]'s
Â*I know the difference , but many people don't . They think if "auto"
is part of the name that must mean full auto regardless of the "semi"
designation . You apparently don't know much about firearms . SOME semi
auto RIFLES are easily converted to full auto . Mostly those that were
originally designed to have that capability , such as the AK and AR
series - I dare you to convert a Remington model 742 ... Handguns are
not easily and in most cases impossible to convert . Again , those that
are easy were designed that way . Another fact , some conversions do
indeed cycle until the magazine is empty even if you let go of the
trigger . Generally those firearms that weren't originally designed to
be capable of full auto . For an AR conversion you must use the military
full auto bolt and a couple of other parts . Those are getting hard to
find ... I wonder why ? The rest you have to make yourself . Are you a
machinist ?

It would be as easy to make a bolt action into a "blowback" machine
gun as most semi autos that were not first designed as machine guns.

Â* Now that would take a Real Machinist !

Not really. If you just want a .22 put a rubber band on the bolt up
and over the receiver. Extend the firing pin by pushing out the
striker against the rebound spring. fill the magazine and pull the
bolt back against the rubber band.
Since the striker is blocked forward and will not move back into the
main spring, the trigger will hold the bolt open.
(one off nail, no machine shop necessary)
It will rock and roll when you pull the trigger, just like the M3
Grease Gun. (at least on a Winchester M69)

At least that is what I hear, I would never do that or suggest anyone
else doing it I swear. That's my story and I am sticking to it.
(although the statute of limitations ran out sometime around 1968)

I have a small machine shop
and I know where to get the plans to make a couple of different arms
into full autos . But that $250,000 fine and ten years in prison is a
pretty good deterrent . Especially since I don't have any arms that can
be easily converted - and have less than zero need for one . I prefer to
do my work with bolt actions at a slightly longer distance ... Rock
chucks at 400 meters anyone ?