Posted to alt.home.repair
Shadow Shadow is offline

Default 'Like a Ferrari, you don't need it' - New Zealanders set to turn in guns

On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 17:11:28 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 4/4/2019 4:54 PM, Shadow wrote:
On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 14:22:52 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

* Bod is one of those "useful idiots" that can't tell the difference .
He hears the word "auto" and automatically thinks every time you pull
the trigger the magazine gets emptied .

That IS the definition of "auto". The gun fires non-stop until
you take your finger off the trigger.
When a new cartridge is re-chambered but not fired it's called
a semi-auto.
Criminals can easily convert semi-autos to auto. It's illegal,
but they ARE criminals. They often couple that with large capacity
magazines so the magazine is NOT emptied on a brief trigger-pull.
HTH
[]'s

*I know the difference , but many people don't . They think if "auto"
is part of the name that must mean full auto regardless of the "semi"
designation . You apparently don't know much about firearms . SOME semi
auto RIFLES are easily converted to full auto . Mostly those that were
originally designed to have that capability , such as the AK and AR
series - I dare you to convert a Remington model 742 ... Handguns are
not easily and in most cases impossible to convert . Again , those that
are easy were designed that way . Another fact , some conversions do
indeed cycle until the magazine is empty even if you let go of the
trigger . Generally those firearms that weren't originally designed to
be capable of full auto . For an AR conversion you must use the military
full auto bolt and a couple of other parts . Those are getting hard to
find ... I wonder why ? The rest you have to make yourself . Are you a
machinist ?

No, I'm a doctor (retired). I once made a (full) auto Berreta
by jamming the firing pin so it didn't retract, but it was just a
"project". The thing was almost impossible to control and a complete
waste of ammo. So I "undid"it.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004