Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default Question re li-ion Batteries

wrote:
If you're looking at the cheaper ones they'll be grade C cells. Salvaged
cells, a quick test to see if they hold some charge, if so they're wrapped
& sold as new. Hence results are variable.

I'm doubtful it'll be that for a tablet, which has a LiPo pouch cell not an
18650 round cell. Pouch cells come in so many shapes and sizes that I doubt
it's worth grading dead ones and trying to get them back into the supply
chain.

New but having substandard electrolyte is more likely. In this case, if
getting the thing apart isn't too bad (and often it isn't for cheap
tablets), I'd be tempted to buy whatever and then be ready to change it
again in a year or two.

Theo