Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K.. Jim K.. is offline

Default Ballast running a UV germicidal tube...

"Brian Gaff" Wrote in message:
That sounds like a load of bollards to me.
The basic specs from the starting and running are the same, indeed if they
were not they just would make different ones for them and they don't. Of
course depending on the output frequencies it could affect any material the
unit was made from or coated in but otherwise....
Brian

I tend to agree Brian. I know little about the the technicalities
of these things but shurely the internal discharge "arc" is the
same as a lighting tube, but the inside of the lighting tube is
coated in phosphor to fluorescence? rather than the UV tube being
plain glass to "let it all out"?

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----